Sunday, January 20, 2013

One year gone without a post - Jan 2013

Well after a year of no blog posts I decided I need to start blogging again. But I am going to gear it towards being a journal for my kids. So when they are older they will be able to easily read and see pictures of themselves growing up. Ridlee - She continues to blow me away with how smart she is at the tender age of 5. Last night on the way home from the movies she decided to count. She counted to 109 by the time we got home. She didn't need any help. Her favorite things to do are draw and color. Her pictures are perfectly in the lines and most of the time the color they are supposed to be. She is a little perfectionist, which does lead to some tantrums. If she is writing words and they are not perfect she has a meltdown. Her hand writing is amazing. She has also started sounding words out and writing them down. She does awesome! She wrote sade for her friend Sadie, and plagrond for playground. I laughed when she tried to write grandma because she wrote grama and when I told her how to spell it she said "that's silly, it doesn't make sense." Kaida - Well she is just Kaida and in her terrible 2 stage. She never sits still and leaves a trail of destruction everywhere she goes. She doesn't walk, she runs. She tells you how it is and makes her point loud and clear. She is always yelling "Momma come here NOW! 5, 4, 3...." I usually stop her there and have her ask nicely (while I'm trying not to laugh). When you ask her why she did something naughty she says "I Kaida" like that is a good enough excuse. Her vocabulary has expanded so much in the past 2 months you can understand almost everything she says and she says A LOT! She loves to talk as fast as she likes to run. She has a fake evil laugh that she does everyday when she thinks things should be funny. I hope to catch it on video. I will have to work on my fast ninja skills. As for a small recap on the past year. In April we took the kids to California and enjoyed Disneyland, the beach, and the aquarium. We stayed with Aunt Carla and Uncle Bob. And of course the girls fell in love with them. 2 weeks later Travis and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. We went on a cruise to the Bahamas with our two close friends Mari and Jordan. We had a blast. In June we went to Colorado for a week for Country Jams Music Festival with 5 friends. The girls stayed with my cousin Brandy in Utah. Ever since then Kaida calls everyone "Brandy". In September Travis and I went to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and had a very relaxing trip sitting on the beach everyday all day. To start 2013 off right the family is flying to Arizona for a weekend to enjoy some much needed warmth after the temperature being in the negatives for the past 2 weeks. I never thought I would say that I was glad for 10 degree weather. I hope to post again in a few weeks when we return. Luvs for now :)

No comments: